jueves, 10 de febrero de 2011

.

                                   SQUID (JAKE M. SMITH)

Jake M. Smith was born in Queens. New York, USA on September, 14, 1984 . He grew up there. He was born in Hospital Lenox Hill. At age two, he and his mother moved to Boston, where his mom worked as an actress in the theatre. Then it was back to Queens for school for Jake. Jake didn't do too much until he was 8, when he starred in his first play at a theatre where his mother had started acting. Then he began taking any acting job he could find at school, off Broadway, or for old theatre friends of his mother's who needed a kid. When Jake was 12, he received a call from a friend of his mother's about open casting calls for that summer's Shakespeare in the Park Festival, which is one of the most respected theatre jobs you could get. Very exciting for Jake. Well, as you can guess, he got the role and from there, things went uphill. He got some press coverage and spoke to several agents, including Innovative Artists, whom he is signed with currently and has been with them for the past six years. With them, he has worked on plays, movies, TV, commercials, and books on tape. Over the years, he was able to work on a lot of different projects - Law and Order, Law and Order SVU, Third Watch, about a dozen independent movies, four plays, and 2 commercials, but the list goes on. Then came Holes.Jake's agent called with an audution for Holes, and he got the part for Squid. Jake's said he knew he was lucky - the casting went all over the country. He's found some friends on the set as well, and feels like they were family. After Holes wrapped, Jake still had work to do - a Public Service Announcement for MTV, and a short independent film, Disposal.


Here are some more fast facts about Jake:



  • Has two cats in NY, The Dude and Kafka
  • Has a dog who travels with him named Lilly, a 6 month old Hungarian Vizsla
  • Favorite color is blue
  • Is a METs fan
  • Listens to all kinds of music
  • Favourite TV shows are the Simpsons, Boston Public, and the Wire
  • Drives a lexus sc300
  • Some favorite movies are Empire of the sun, Up in smoke, Rounders, Scarface, and Milo and Otis



  • Interview with Jake




    What's your favorite kind of music?
    I really like all music to tell ya the truth, I listen to a lot of Hip Hop-Blues-Oldie music like the Beatles and the band I can't get enough Bob Marley and the Tribe called Quest-I listen to like everything there is.

    What's your favorite color?
    Blue

    Do you have any pets?
    I have a dog, named Lilly, and two cats back in New York named The Dude and Kafka

    Where do you currently live?
    As I write this letter I live in LA but I am back and fourth from LA to New York where I grew up in Queens
    Are you planning on doing any new films? Well, I am kind of taking a break right now, but I am looking at some new films to do this summer

    Boxers or briefs?
    Straight boxers

    Are you at all like your character in Holes?
     Well, I am kind of a smart ass like Squid, but I saw Squid as a mean and frustrated kid that bullied people around to make himself feel good-I am nothing like that I am the nice guy. I am the guy you see helping people on the side of the road, or lifting a heavy thing for an old person. And I guess I am funny, people always say that "Jake you are a funny, funny guy" I like to make people smile but don't get me wrong I can have my bad days like everyone else
    Who was your favorite person to work with on Holes?
    I liked working with everyone. All the people were great. The people on set were like family to me.

    If you weren't an actor, what would you want to be?
    Oh I don't know I would like to be something cool like uhh… work in the zoo or be the guy who changes the lights on the empire State Building!! No, I would like to teach or work on a farm something physical!

    What was the dumbest thing you've ever done?
    I had just finished ironing my shirt, I put it on and saw a big wrinkle down the front, so like an idiot I picked up the iron and pressed it up against my chest. Steam came out and I burned myself. I still have a little scar.

    What's your view on the war?
    I don't believe in killing personally, but if my government feels the way to get Sadam out is war! Then there's nothing I guess I can do but hope that no innocent people get hurt in the process.

    What kind of car do you have?
    Lexus SC300

IInfo on Jake
Name: Jacob Merton Smith
DOB: 9/14/84
Where: Queens, New York
Eye color/hair: Brown/Brown
Current Location: Back and fourth from LA, California to Queens, New York
Favorites:
Music: All types

Color: Blue

Movies:
Holes-Squid a.k.a. Alan (2003)
Model Sinner
Solos
Disposal
Sleepy Hollow

TV appearances:
Law and Order
Law and Order: SUV
The Third Watch

Jake M. Smith was born and lived in Queens, New York for his entire childhood. Smith a world traveler at a young age because his mother was an actress. He picked up acting for himself and starred in many independent films. Best known for the movie Holes, which was shot this year, while he was 18.



1 comentario: